Friday, June 7, 2013

Non-Scale Victories Week 1


button


I am loving this linkup where bloggers, lifebylex.com and ktjweighingin.com, highlight their weekly victories that are NOT scale related.  

So here's to my first week of non-scale victories!

I was excited to see my fitness summary for the week (on MapMyRun.com) :

Workin' up a sweat ;)

That's about 1200 calories burned in one week just from running! 

If you would have told me a year ago that I would ever get to a point where I am burning that many calories from running, I would have BELLY LAUGHED in your face!

I hated running. It's still not my favorite thing to do. But I do it to see myself progress like this!

Last month, I started upper body weight training with the hubs so we would have something we could enjoy together. {Not that upper body is enjoyable! Ha}

We would go twice a week for weight training. The first day was chest and arms, and the second day was shoulders and back. I started taking random flex breaks after working out just to see if there was any visible progress. THERE WAS:



I could even start to see the flab on my arms slowly shrinking.

This is the stuff that keeps me going. I would encourage anyone trying to accomplish a fitness goal [or any goal for that matter] to write down their mini-victories each week. It's so easy to forget how much progress you are making until you see it right before your eyes!

-Angela

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Angela! Keep up the good work :) You look beautiful either way!

    ReplyDelete